Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home for Christmas Break

I am officially home for winter break.  I am so excited to be able to have a chill break full of reading, warmth, friends, God, and family!  I am currently sitting by the fire with hot apple cider(from Trader Joe's and it is a must try).  My house has become a place where I visit and Seattle has become my home.  I like that and it is a lot better for me and my growth.  My family seems much happier even with the few hours I have spent with them tonight.  They have turned my sister's old room into a guest room and the bathroom is redone.  It looks great!  I enjoy being here and know I am always welcome back to visit.  For the first few days of break I decided I am going to detox from people.  Living with 45 girls is amazing and I wouldn't want it any other way.  But, with that said, you really need breaks from people.  It is great having the time at home to do just that.  I am really looking forward to spending time by myself and with God.  It is lovely to see the way my relationship with my parents has changed to where we are all more adult about everything.  They are not treating me like a child and I am not rude and a smarty pants to them.  I am also really looking forward to other parts of this break such as spending time with old friends, and christmas parties with family!  I plan to do a lot of self reflection on my relationship with God and where I need to change to better that relationship.  Another goal I am have will begin this break is to become a runner.  I plan on beginning with a 5k training plan and move up from there.  My lovely mother is a runner and has been an amazing example to my family on what a healthy lifestyle looks like and why it is important.  It has always been something that I strive for but tend to quit after a few weeks of it.  I never gave that aspect of my life to God.  I was always focusing on how much weight I wanted to loose and would shoot for that.  Right now, I know I need to lose weight but I also know and need to constantly remind myself that God will take care of that, I just need to do the work and keep Him my focus.  I really enjoy running and living healthy.  I think everyone does and would if they tried it.  It makes you feel so good not to mention that you are honor and worshipping God with just the way you are taking care of His creation.  I plan to begin running and training on Sunday.  I will blog about that for  accountability and support.  I plan to do a few races in Seattle which will also help keep me motivated.  I really need to focus on being self disciplined and keep on schedule.  
I am excited and I know God has big plans for me this break!!!
I am so happy to be here with my family!
Goals over break:
1.  Read 5 books
2.  Begin running

No comments:

Post a Comment