Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back in Seattle; Surprise!!

I know I haven't posted anything for a while but here I am!  I have been so busy with my crazy and unpredictable life.  So, I am back in Seattle after the summer months of thinking I was going to stay in California.  The transition has been difficult but also very good for me.  I am very close with my family and even though it is my junior year, I still have trouble with wanting to be home sometimes.  School is going good.  I am officially living in a house where I pay rent and utilities.  This is a first for me!  The past two years I lived in the dorms and I just paid it all to the school.  My landlord is actually a professor at my school and she is so sweet and there for us when we need anything.  I am living off campus but I am only a four minute walk away which is really nice.  I also have a job on campus.  I work at one of the coffee shops on campus.  I had a hard time when I first started because I didn't know how to work the register and didn't know where anything was.  The person who I had to ask questions to was not helpful and a bit rude so I felt lost.  Now that I know everything it is really fun!  I work at 645 in the morning which I really like because I get off but then have all day for class and studying.  This year is super busy also.  Pretty much when i am not in class or working, I am studying.  It has been good so far and I have been blessed in countless ways since the first day I got here.
A theme that is my focus for me this year is growth.  I have realized that I put too much pressure on myself to be at the finish line before running or even training for the race.  I have been trying to see and be intentional about making small steps of progress each day.  There is no need to wish I was somewhere else or in the future because then I miss out on what is happening right now.  I am blessed where I am at:  Seattle, in College, and currently sitting gin the Student Union Building drinking a delicious pumpkin spice latte and eating a bagel with pumpkin cream cheese.  I promise to update more often!  I haven't forgotten about you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment