Thursday, July 21, 2011

Coffee House Adventures

Because I have been working at It's A Grind Coffee House for a few weeks now, I thought I should update you on how it is!  First, I must say that I love working there!  It is my favorite job I have ever had.  So a couple of mistakes/funnies I want to tell about.  One happened this morning when I opened.  I got there at 5am and It was my first time actually opening the door and dealing with the alarm.  I typed in the wrong code and set the alarm off.  My co worker said that she has never experienced it before which got me a little worried.  She said the police sometimes come and charge a big fine if they are false alarms.  Fortunately nothing happened and I certainly learned my lesson!  That will never happen again  :)
The next one involved me and another co worker.  We were cleaning the syrup bottles and one of them fell off the counter, broke and got everywhere on the floor.  Broken glass and sticky syrup!  We had to sweep and mop and then the other person had to clean on his hands and knees because it was just so sticky.  Of coarse, that one as well got fixed and everything worked out just fine.
I have experienced other mishaps as well.  Small ones like messing up a drink and having to redo it.  At the moment, it seems like a big deal but then a few minutes pass and I realize that it happens and I am still learning.  I really enjoy working with my co workers!  All of them are so nice as well as our customers.  I loved coffee shops before I started working here so I feel like this is the perfect job for me!
My favorite shift would have to be the 5 am shift.  This sounds crazy but I do really enjoy it.  I get up at 4 in the morning which I thought would be so hard and it is not my favorite thing in the world but once I get to work, I wake up, get some coffee flowing through my body and forget all about it.  I also really like how fast the shifts go by.  There are people that come in consistently throughout the shift at a pretty steady pace so there aren't moments when I am just waiting around or doing boring odd end jobs.  I get off at 1030 in the morning so I work a full shift and then come home and have the whole rest of the day to get things done that I need to!  It is really great!!
Another great thing about working here is that I absolutely love coffee.  I love espresso as well and being able to use coffee and espresso in so many different ways is so much fun!  I get a free drink while I work so free coffee or tea every day is the best!
I would have to say my favorite drink to make would have to be an Iced White Chocolate Mocha.  Their are so many aspects to making it, getting the chocolate, espresso and milk.  It is easy yet complex!  Love it  :)
Very blessed to have a job right now!  And a job that I love  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment