Saturday, March 26, 2011

55 Years of Wedded Bliss

A couple of days ago was my grandparents 55th wedding anniversary!  How exciting.  Not only are they married but their marriage is one which we very rarely see anymore.  My grandmother is the sweetest most kind person I know.  I look up to her and the way she is so much.  The respect she shows toward my grandpa is like no other and I am so grateful to have an example like my grandmother to look at when I become a wife.  My grandfather is there for everyone.  Even people he doesn't even know.  He has helped my sister, myself and everyone in my family and beyond with anything we need.  Every time I leave my grandparents house, he always says, "call us and let us know if you need anything."  Every single time!!!  I love that about him.  I hope I am that way toward people as well as my family.  I hope my home is a place that people know that they can come and be loved.  That is the way my grandparents home is and I love it. These two beautiful people have been such an amazing example in my life and I love them so much.  I am blessed to only live a few houses down from them so I get to see them often.  At least once a week and sometimes more.  I pray often that my husband will one day get to meet them.  I want my husband to meet the people who have been such an inspiration and blessing in my life.  I have learned many lessons from them!
My grandparents have inspired me so much to wait for the right person.  Don't settle for someone who can just live with but love someone you can't live without.  Love each other till the very end and get through the rough spots.  They are a testimony to true, pure love.  The kind which is spoken about in the bible.  The verb.  Not the butterflies in the stomach infatuation which our culture falsely thinks is love.  The love which is selfless and respectful. The love which puts the other person before yourself.  That is the sort of love I want.  The kind where I give it to the other person even when they don't give it back.  Thank You grandma and grandpa for being such an amazing example to many!
Christmas 2009
At my Uncle's wedding in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment