Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last Weekend of Break

Well Spring Break is sadly over and classes begin 8am tomorrow.  I am not excited about spring break being over but I am excited about classes starting!  My last weekend at home was a good end to break at least and was filled with family.

On Saturday I got to spend with my mom and sister and go birthday shopping!  It was so fun.  I got a couple of shirts, jeans and a purse.  I got the shirts and jeans from Forever 21 and the purse from the lovely Nordstrom.  I also got some underwear from Victoria's Secret.  I am loving that store more and more.  After shopping, we got to go out to Scott's Seafood for my grandparent's 55th wedding anniversary.  It was such good food.  That was the first nice restaurant I have experienced and I now understand why people spend money on such nice food.  It is so good!

My Mom and I
On sunday morning we went and had brunch at my grandparents house.  We had bagels and lox, egg santa fe and fruit.  After brunch we had coffee and layered raspberry cake.  It was a great celebration!  I had to say good bye to my lovely aunt and uncle as they went back home to the bay area.  We hung out at my grandparents house a little more and then went home.  My mom and I watched Pride and Prejudice which was a great movie!

Monday was my last day at home.  I spent the day with my mom because she was so sweet and took the day off of work.  The sun came out for the first time of break and we sat out on the patio for a while to soak up the sun.  We ran a few errands and then she made chinese chicken salad which garlic and olive bread.  It was relaxing.  I packed and talked to a friend on the phone to finish the day off!

Today was definitely hard coming back to school.  I wanted to stay in California longer and spend time with my family.  I was not very interested in hanging out with people when I got here.  I know things are going to get a lot better as my classes begin and start on my routine again.  I got Nike + over break as well and I am looking forward to begin using it so I can know how far I run and how many calories I burn.  I usually have to estimate but no longer!

I hope your weekend was fun as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment