Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thoughts on What's to Come

Today I had a meeting with my faculty advisor.  During these meetings we go over the classes I will take for the rest of my time here.  This is so strange to look that I have already finished a year and now I am almost done with the first quarter of my second year.  The more time goes by the more I think about what will come next.
I am majoring in Psychology and just recently decided to minor in Individual and Family Development.  I eventually want to be a marriage and family therapist so I thought this minor would work well.  Yes, I am so excited to do this and help people that are struggling, just as people have helped me when I was struggling.
Another thing I can not help but think of as I think of the future is being a wife and having a family.  This is something I am so excited for (of coarse if this is something God will bless me with).  Being at a Christian college, lots of people talk about dating and marriage.  I do really want to be a marriage and family therapist but I am going to make this schedule around my family rather then my family around my job.  God has put a strong desire in my heart to raise sons and daughters to follow Jesus and I trust that God is teaching me more and more things everyday to equip me with the love and lessons to do this successfully.
God has blessed me in so many ways and I trust that my future is in His hands.  He has a path for me to be on and as I follow Him, he will reveal more and more of this path as I am ready!

This is a song written by Rachel Chan.  It has brought me peace in times of anxiety when thinking about my future.


I’m finally tired of searching for what I’m meant to do,
I need to stop pretending that I know which road to choose,
I need you, I need you
I’ve wasted time defending why life should stay this way,
There’s a reason things are changing,
But I’m glad you stay the same
I need you, I need you
Jesus, all I’ve known is this simple home,
There’s no doubt in me that it’s time to go,
But I’m waiting here ‘till you show me what I should do
Jesus, I’m resting in you
The stress is getting heavy
But I know how much you care
And no matter where you lead me, you’re already there
I need you, I need you
Jesus, all I’ve known, is this simple home
There’s no doubt in me, that it’s time to go
But I’m waiting here ‘till you show me what I should do
Jesus, all I’ve known, is this simple home
There’s no doubt in me, that it’s time to go
But I’m waiting here ‘till you show me what I should do
Jesus, I’m resting in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment