Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Early Bird

I am attempting to be an early bird these days.  I find that I have much more energy and am more productive during the day if I go to bed a little early and wake early.  I have been trying to wake up between 6:30 and 7 every morning.  This weekend threw me off from being sick but I am slowly but surely getting back in the routine.  Because on Monday, Wednesday and Friday I have an 8am, it is a bit easier because I have to get out of bed.  Tuesday and Thursday are more difficult.  The first thing I try and do is to workout on those days.  I enjoy working out so it helps me to get out of bed rather than hinder it.  My goal is to get up between 6 and 6:30 on a regular basis in my life.  I am slowly working on that during my college years.

This quarter has been really good so far.  I have a tendency to put studying and working out at the top of my priorities.  You may be thinking that this is a good thing and I totally agree.  I do sometimes, though, forget that I do need to be social.  I need to remind myself to go and hang out with friends rather than getting a week ahead on homework.  I try to balance it and perhaps go to a coffee shop with friends to study so you get the best of both worlds.
I am really enjoying my classes.  I am taking Social Psychology which is of coarse fun!  I love all my psychology classes(which is a very good sign because that is my major).  I am also taking a class called food and the consumer.  I really enjoy learning about nutrition and health and this class is just that.  It is a nutrition class that focuses on the basics which we all need to know.  There are some calculations but that is not the majority of it.  I am learning so much and the importance of a healthy and balanced diet.  I thought I was pretty good at eating healthy until I got into this class.  I learned that it is not all about fruits and veggies.  You also need whole grains, dairy and protein.  I have only had the class three times and I am learning so much.  It has been great.
Another class I am taking is called Relationship Development 2.  This class is about marriage and the importance to prepare for what is to come.  I enjoy this class because it is really self focused and what you need to do in order to be the best spouse rather than finding that person.  This class is taught by Les and Leslie Parrott.  The moto for this class is that "Your relationship can only be as healthy as the most healthy person in it."  So it focuses on getting you healthy.
This post is all over the place!  I hope you don't mind my rambling about some things in my life.  I hope you Enjoy your day  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment