Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Enjoy Your Cardio!

This will be short and sweet!  First of all, working out has been going so well.  Not in the way of "i'm losing so much weight."  Yes! I want to lose weight but to be honest, I haven't really been thinking that much about the weight.  I have just been enjoying working.  Being able to go to the gym and do what you want to move your body.  I think one of the reasons why I do not feel slave to it (which I have definitely felt in my past) is because I am more flexible with my workouts and don't pressure myself to do something I do not want to.  I actually really enjoy the gym and all of the aspects to it so finding something I enjoy is easy.  But, to be honest, sometimes I do not want to spend 40 minutes on the elliptical.  So I do not and I do something else.
A prime example of this is tonight.  I wasn't that motivated to go to the gym anyways because by the time I was able to it was nearly 10 at night.  I went anyways and I just didn't want to go on the elliptical for 40 minutes and then lift weights like I normally do.  So instead, I put the intensity really high as well as the incline and powered through for 10 minutes.  I went and lifted weights for 20 minutes and then after that I ran a fast mile on the treadmill.  This intensity workout allowed me to burn the same amount of calories but in a quicker time since I was not that interested in spending that long on cardio machines.  I got an awesome workout and feel great now!
I do have somewhat of a schedule in terms of weight lifting because then I know that I am rotating through my muscle groups and allowing them to heal properly.  In terms of cardio, I burn at least 400 calories doing whatever feels fun!!
Here is my flexible schedule:
Monday - Core (Abs and back)
Wednesday - Arms
Friday - Legs
Extra Day (Whatever day I have off work) - Catch up/Fitness Class
I also always burn 400 calories doing cardio!



No comments:

Post a Comment