Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Christmas Box Collection


Although Christmas is past, today I will bring it back a little by writing about my favorite Christmas book, The Christmas Box Collection.  I have mentioned this book a couple of times but I thought I would actually tell you all about it.
Hallmark came out with two movies called The Christmas Box and The Timepiece in 1995.  My family and I watched them (me being very young) multiple times during the Christmas season and I still have very vivid memories of those times.  We recorded it on VHS and they eventually got "lost" along with all of our other VHS.  I put lost in quotations because occasionally when my dad would clean out the garage he would just start throwing things away and I am sure that our boxes of VHS movies were one of those things.  Hallmark eventually stopped playing the movie and it became a story that was no longer seen or thought about in our house.  About 3 years ago, I came across the book on Barnes and Nobles website and had to buy it!  So that Christmas season, I read the book (it is actually three books bound together).  So many memories and good feeling came back while reading the beautiful story and now it is a tradition that I read that story every year during the Christmas Season.  It was actually a nice surprise reading the books because, as I mentioned, Hallmark had only made two movies.  It wasn't until I read the book that I found out the story continues and you find out what happens in the lives of the characters.

The first of three books, The Christmas Box, is about a young family who move in with a widow named Mary.  The widow is a bit mysterious and you don't find out much about her past.  The family moves in to take care of her and grow very close with her and acts as a grandmother.  This book is much about the importance of family as well as the meaning of Christmas.
The second book, The Timepiece, is a prequel to the first book.  This is when you learn about Mary's story.  It is the story of how she meets her husband, having a child as well as much tragedy that happens within their family.
The third book, The Letter, is about a mysterious letter which was left at the grave site of Mary and David's daughter.  It is much of a quest to finding out who wrote it.  This book is beautiful and much on forgiveness and moving forward.

I highly recommend this book!  You can buy it HERE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment