Thursday, May 5, 2011

Daydreaming of a More Relaxing Time

Some beautiful flowers in my
backyard from last summer
It is that time of the quarter when my motivation to do anything is very low.  I feel like I have only been doing the minimum and not really preparing ahead(which I usually tend to be very good at).  It is ending week six which is a little crazy to think about because that means we are half way done with the quarter.  On top of that, it is spring quarter so that means we are almost to summer.  I am so excited for summer to come.  In all my years of school, I think this is the summer I am the most excited for.  Not that I am doing anything fantastic(although I do plan to do fun things) but because I am in desperate need for a long break from school work and people.  Don't get me wrong, I love both school and the people I am with, it is just difficult having 9 months straight of both.  I really enjoy studying and learning new things but I am really looking forward to getting through books which I want to read fast.  I love reading books but it is hard to read personal books at a fast and consistent pace when you have a stack of textbooks staring at you from across the desk which should have higher priority.  I do give myself breaks and read personal books but I wish I could read them faster.  I also love the people I am with and live with.  It being the last few weeks of living in the dorms forever is a bit of a strange feeling.  It is great living with 45 girls but I am very much looking forward to next year when I will being living in a house with my best friends.  It will be fantastic!  I have been looking up new recipes I want to cook at home and am so excited to have the freedom to do that.  I don't have a kitchen here at school where I can cook meals and I am so excited to have one during the summer.  I plan on sharing many of these recipes and my adventures in cooking them on my blog.  I am also looking forward to the little things like catching up with old friends, meeting my mom for her lunch break, swimming and, of coarse, reading!!  I also plan to run a half marathon on August 28th which will be a blast as well.  I am really just looking forward to the peace and comfort of everyday life which is not filled with stress, deadlines, and constantly feeling like there is not enough time in a day.  I know it seems a bit soon to be daydreaming about summer but what can I say, I am from California(which it has been in the 90s there this week) and living in Seattle(which has been raining).  What can I say, I miss the sun.  I am really excited to help my parents in the garden(they grow tons of food and one of my favorite things to do is to go out and pick what we will be having for dinner) and sit out on the patio, getting tan and drinking iced tea.  It will surely be fantastic!  I am also excited to hang out with my sister and go to the college group at church.  I am excited to grow in my relationship with God as well as the other people in my life!  There are many things I am looking forward, I can't write them all down!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment