Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We Two by Gillian Gill

This post is coming in a time of much stress!  I am dealing with the stress of dead week as well as many thoughts which only God can help me through.  I did want to do a book review on a book I finished a few weeks ago.  I love reading and only recently(within the past few years) have learned to enjoy it.  It saddens me sometimes knowing that I won't get the chance to read all the good books in the world which have been written throughout time.


So, The book is called We Two written by Gillian Gill and it is about the lives and marriage of Queen Victoria and Prince albert in the 1800s.  My interest in this book stirred from watching my now favorite movie, The Young Victoria.  This book takes you through the early life and struggles of Queen Victoria.  It explained a lot of how her life was different due to the fact that she was the only person to be able to take the throne in her family.  It went through the early life of Prince Albert as well.  It went through how Victoria and Albert met and how they fell in love.  The love which is described seems pure and real, incorporating their struggles.  The book also talks about the many children(9 total) that they had and the relationship both Albert and Victoria had with them.  The life of the Queen seems like it would be very glamorous, as you would think any queens life would be, but it was not.  It was very difficult. It ends with the death of Prince Albert and the mourning which the Queen and the country go through.  I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the history of certain individuals and royalty.  Buy it HERE!!


The book I am about half way through now is...  Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron Bure.  Yes, I am beginning my summer reading list and it's not even summer yet.

I have 9 days until summer  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment