Monday, May 2, 2011

Beautiful Weekend

Friday afternoon I went on a walk.  The weather was absolutely beautiful so I decided to go on a walk to Starbucks.  I went to the Starbucks in Fremont which I walk by the canal and over a bridge to get there.  There were lots of boats out on the water!  Pictures tell a better story than I can  :)



The bridge goes up when boats need to pass through.
It is inconvenient when you are driving but it is fun when
you are on a walk.

Crossing the bridge and overlooking the canal!

A beautiful tulip :)
On friday afternoon, my friend Lindsay and I drove to Spokane.  While I was there I got to meet up with my friend Tami who goes to Whitworth.  It was really good seeing her because I hadn't visited her since we all moved to school.  The next day, Lindsay, her friend Rachel and I are ran in the annual Bloomsday race.  It was so fun!  The race was 7.5 miles and I did a lot better than I expected.  There was a total of 50,611 runners and we placed 18,000th.  I want to do it again next year because it was so fun!  I encourage you to run or walk in a race.  The events are really fun and they often raise money for charity.  Here are some pictures of the race!
Before the race and the view of people.  The amount of
people  was as far as the eye can see.

Lindsay and Rachel

Lindsay and I

Our shoes with our timers on them.


People throw there jackets in the trees and after the race the
workers collect them all and donate them to charity.

It is really hard to see but this is the beginning of doomsday hill.

This is the three of us after the race with our finisher shirts!
The weekend was so great and I am so glad we ended up going.  You should go next year!  After the race, we were all so tired and our bodies were in much pain.  Lindsay and I had to drive back to Seattle and sit in the car for 4 1/2 hours!  It did go by fast though and it was fun driving with Lindsay.  I love friends so much  :)

1 comment:

  1. Did I mention as well that this race gave me my first sunburn of the season!!! :) It was supper bad or painful so I am happy about it :)

    ReplyDelete